Saturday, August 29, 2009

Magic potions and lotions

How many people watched The Secret and thought in that moment it was the end of all problems? My personal belief is that problems can be reframed as challenges, nevertheless some action or changes need to be made.

Yes I could visualise and affirm, ask myself empowering questions (and often do) yet without the right training, nutrition and persistence of purpose I may not have made it through the 100km event on Friday.

Part of maturity and growing up for me has been the realisation that there are not many magic potions and lotions or super pills that solve everything. Many of the quick fix ideas only lead to larger problems. We only need to look at the weight loss industry and yo yo dieting to see this cycle in action.

When we decide now is the time and creating my dream is the only option, things start to move. A commitment to a higher purpose with a big WHY so that when any challenges arise we keep going. WHY do I run 100km? Partly its because I can, partly the chance to be in the company of other inspired teams, part craziness, a challenge, show the benefits of a raw vegan diet, it inspires me in the rest of my life to keep going, and hopefully inspires others to do something they previously thought impossible.

What is it you have given up on? What is something you think could never happen but that little voice keeps holding you back? When will the inner self master the outer self?

Some why questions for today...

Why am I doing whatever it takes?
Why am I giving up the diet shakes?
Why am I living my dreams instead of eating cakes?

No comments: