Monday, June 29, 2009

The Journey to Manhood

In todays society many men have lost their place and struggle to find purpose in a world where they have been emasculated. From not having a father figure at all and being raised by a mother, or the father simply not having the gift of manhood to pass on himself. Growing up in a close family, with love and attention from both my parents I would hope to have felt I had made the transition from boy to man. My late teens and early 20's were about rebelling in many ways, and seeking approval from women. I often felt I was "posing" as what I though a man to be, and often this seemed to work in gaining the affections of women yet inside I felt empty. A huge transformation took place when I met a woman who really cared, and took me deeper into what I really wanted. Yet still empty and ended up losing that woman. Later I discovered personal development, and found I could open up and share which has been an amazing gift - but more a feminine energetic exploration than the masculine. It was very easy to communicate with all people, yet the spark of polarity or attraction with women was lost. Obviously as a masculine man this is acceptable, yet men in society have settled for this and instead of going for what they may truly desire from life, they distract themselves with work, alcohol, drugs and televisision. I never want to hear from my death bed - Brock Bowen was a nice guy who lived a comfortable life and never caused any trouble. My journey in finding my authentic masculine power has been, and will continue to be an eventful one. I am committed to being a superior man, a man who strives to truly and deeply give the gift I love to share with the world no matter the circumstances. This can sometimes be a struggle yet I can think of nothing more distasteful than living someone elses dream and being comfortable. When I am am pushing the edge and turning the impossible into the possible I truly feel alive. When I accept death is inevitable and I die a little each day, only then can I truly live. When I am prepared to stand strong in the face of uncertainty and face failure, success becomes possible. As I put aside all distractions and become completely present with the task at hand I am always amazed at the phenomenal results now possible.

No comments: